Microsoft Office is a smart and innovative office suite that empowers the most prominent industries and small businesses globally. By visiting office.com/setup, you can opt for various Microsoft apps, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. To know more about Microsoft Office, like downloading it or activation, follow the quick guide below.
Like every software, Microsoft Office needs a device that meets minimum requirements to run smoothly. If you own Windows PC, Mac computer, or Android smartphone, check out the minimum system requirement below.
Minimum system requirement for Windows
1. 1.6 GHz or faster.
2. 4 GB RAM for 64-bit and 2 GB RAM for 32-bit.
3. 4.0 GB free disk space.
4. 1280 x 768 or higher screen resolution.
5. Windows 10, Windows Server 2019.
6. DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 2.0.
Minimum system requirement for Mac
1. macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or greater.
2. Intel processor.
3. 4 GB RAM.
4. Storage: 10 GB of available disk space.
5. Display: 1280x800 screen resolution.
Minimum system requirement for Android
Android 5.0 or later.
250 MB RAM.
1.8 MB of storage space.
High-speed internet connection.
Minimum system requirement for iOS
1. iOS 8.0 or later
2. Wi-Fi or mobile data enabled.
A product key or activation code is a 25-digit alphanumeric code issued with every purchase of Microsoft Office. Each activation code is unique, and it is intended to be used by a single activation. Meaning you cannot use the same code twice. Once you’ve activated your product, you cannot activate another product using the same code. Based on how you purchased your copy of Microsoft Office, you can find two methods for retrieving your product key below.
If purchased offline
If you’ve purchased Office from an offline store, your product key will most probably be there inside the retail package. If you cannot find the code, search inside and outside the box and ask the retail store employee for assistance.
1. Search inside and outside the retail package for the activation code.
2. Ask for the activation card if you cannot find the code inside the packet.
3. If none of the methods work, contact Microsoft.
If purchased online
Suppose you’ve purchased your copy of Microsoft Office from the official Microsoft website or other digital platforms like Amazon. In that case, your activation code will be there in the email ID you provide during the checkout. If you cannot find the code in your email’s inbox, check inside the spam and promotional folders.
1. Check inside your email’s inbox, the one you used during the checkout.
2. Re-check the email ID you provided and contact the seller if you haven’t received the product key.
3. If you cannot find the code in the email’s inbox, check other folders such as spam and promotional.
How to create a Microsoft Office account?
There is no need to create an additional account for using Office. Your Microsoft account is enough for downloading and installing Microsoft Office on your computer. Visit office.com/setup and move to the “How to download and install Microsoft Office” section of this guide to download, install, and activate Microsoft Office directly. However, if you don’t have a Microsoft account, follow the steps given below for creating your account today.
1. Visit office.com/setup from your internet browser.
2. Click Sign In.
3. Click on Create a new account.
4. Now, fill in your email address, re-enter the email address to confirm, and create a secure password.
5. In the next section, enter your first name, last name, mobile number, and select your country.
6. Finally, please select the Email me product updates, offers, and security newsletters option and click Create Account.
Congratulations, you’ve made it this far, and if you’ve been following our guide, you can proceed with the “download” section now. To start, go to office.com/setup and follow the steps given below, installing Microsoft Office on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
1. On the webpage, click Sign In.
2. Fill in your email address associated with Microsoft along with your password.
3. Click Sign In.
4. Go to Microsoft Office and click Buy/Purchase.
5. Complete the payment and click Download.
6. Once downloaded, double-click on the .exe file and select Agree & Install.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the software on your system.
8. Once installed, restart your Windows computer for the new settings to take effect.
1. Open the Safari browser and go to office.com/setup.
2. Click Sign In.
3. On the login page, enter your email ID, phone number, or Skype user ID and click Next.
4. Tick the “Keep me signed in” option and click Sign In.
5. Once you are signed in, go to the app section and click Microsoft Office 2019.
6. Click Download/Buy/Purchase and complete the payment.
7. Save the setup file.
8. Once downloaded, double-click on the file.
9. Enter your Mac administrator ID and password.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
1. Open Google Play Store.
2. Type Microsoft Office in the search bar and tap search.
3. Tap on the Microsoft icon to open the app overview.
4. Tap Install.
5. Once installed, proceed with the next step.
1. Open Apple App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Search for Microsoft Office using the search option.
3. Tap on the Microsoft Office icon to open the app overview.
4. Tap Get.
5. Enter your user ID and password.
6. Once the installation is over, proceed with the next step.
The last step for using Microsoft Office is activating it using the activation code. Please note, the activation method will be the same for every device. If you are using Mac, Windows, or any other operating system on your device, you can use this method to activate Microsoft Office easily.
1. Open Microsoft Office or any other Office app on your device.
2. On the first screen, you have to enter your Microsoft login credentials and sign in to your account.
3. On the next screen, it’ll ask for the activation code.
4. If you have the activation code/product key with you, enter it in the given fields
5. Click/tap Activate.
6. Wait for the application to verify your code.
7. Once verified, enjoy Microsoft Office and create documents with apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you plan to use any other office suite or temporarily remove the Microsoft Office from your computer, you can do that by following the instructions given below.
Remove from Mac
1. Power on your Mac computer and go to Open Finder > Applications.
2. Select Office applications from the list.
3. Ctrl+click an application and click Move to Trash.
Remove from Windows
1. Open Control panel.
2. Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
3. Select Microsoft Office and click Uninstall.
4. Follow the rest of the instructions to remove all the apps and settings.
5. Restart your computer to finish.
How do I set up the office product key?
First, sign in to your Microsoft account via office.com/setup and purchase Microsoft Office. Once you do that, download the app and retrieve the product key from your registered email address. Finally, open Microsoft Office on your device and enter the product key to activate your product.
How do I install Microsoft Office?
Once you’ve downloaded Office from the official website, double-click on the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your system. If you are using a mobile device, tap on Install/Get button to download and install it on your device.
How do I open the Office app on my computer?
Depending upon what operating system you are using, go to programs and search for Word, Excel, or other Microsoft applications. If you cannot find the app on your system, Uninstall Microsoft Office from your system and reinstall it.